Auto insurance can provide protection and peace of mind by covering the costs associated with accidents, vehicle damage and liability in the event of a collision. Whether you’re a seasoned driver or a new one, auto insurance is a legal requirement in many places, ensuring that individuals and their vehicles are financially protected in the unpredictable world of the open road.
What Factors Affect Auto Insurance Rates?
The following are some of the key factors that affect auto insurance rates:
- Driving record
- Type of vehicle
- Coverage amount
- Annual mileage
How Can I Lower My Auto Insurance Premiums?
The following are several ways to potentially reduce your auto insurance costs:
- Bundle policies.
- Raise your deductible.
- Drive safely.
- Take defensive driving courses.
- Choose a safe vehicle.
- Reduce coverage on older vehicles.
- Drive less.
- Ask about available discounts.
- Pay your premium annually.
What Types of Auto Insurance Coverage Are There?
An auto insurance policy may offer several different kinds of coverage, such as the following:
- Bodily injury liability coverage may help with expenses related to injuries the covered driver causes to a third party in an auto accident.
- Medical payments coverage may help pay for treating injuries to the insured driver and passengers after an accident, regardless of fault.
- Property damage liability may help pay for damage caused to a third party’s property in an accident.
- Collision coverage may help pay for damage to the covered driver’s car resulting from a collision with another car or object.
- Comprehensive coverage may help reimburse losses due to a covered event that isn’t a collision. Depending on the policy, this might include fire, falling objects, explosions, earthquakes, windstorms, hail, flood, vandalism, and damage from wildlife.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may help cover expenses related to injuries and property damage when hit by an uninsured, underinsured or hit-and-run driver.
Contact Stowe Insurance today to discuss your auto insurance policy. We can help ensure you have the right coverage for your specific needs.